marți, 22 iunie 2010

Confessions of a black cat




“When the tea is brought at five o'clock And all the neat curtains are drawn with care, The little black cat with bright green eyes Is suddenly purring there”


The door was ajar,but nothing moved inside. I could see his face from my dark corner. He wasn't the first to come here and that made me "meow" slowly. Of course he might have noticed my sparkling electric green eyes as they looked very serious. Even if it was warm enough to walk in the rose garden without a coat on, inside it was the same cold athmosphere, so my black fur kept my body temperature on a constant level. My master, or I used to call her, simply "she", liked grey and green curtains, so the room looked a bit darker. The glaring sun couldn't cast its aura inside. Maybe the walls were enchanted...

Just as I was analysing the newcomer, I heard a whisper and some footsteps coming from the first floor. Believe it or not, but I had never climbed the flight of stairs! I was so afraid that my fur would stand on end, that I decided to remain in my dark corner. She was dressed in a beautiful grey kimono, wearing a small red rose in her black hair. Her face was a mask. Devil or angel, death or life? Her beauty and her mistery were almost mortal! As usually, she looked stunning and dangerous. My cat instinct made me jump in front of the stranger inside the room and distract my master. She didn't even smile! I turned my head and saw the young man next to me. I presumed he was a pilot because he was dressed in an uniform. For an unknown reason I liked him, but this secret should have remained mine! He started to talk with her, casting sheep's eyes. Poor guy! He was like the others... It was obvious that he didn't understand what was happening to him... My master served him tea, danced with her fan. Her skin was so iradiant that I still ask myself if she was alive. Her moves had the elasticity of thousands of teardrops and her eyes the depth of a black hole. When she stopped I felt a strange coldness taking my breath, but I kept saying to myself "It's allright I can still hear my heartbeats!".

He followed her silently. The door opened with a loud crack. He looked into the passage bravely. it was empty, except her presence: a gas-flame, in its glass prison, cast a red and suspicious light into the surrounding darkness, without succeding in dispelling it. There was nothing! That's the way he thought at first but a few minutes later his blood froze as he saw her figure reflected in an old golden mirror. I couldn't prevent him, the only thing I knew was a stupid "meow"! He felt her breath and his hair stood on end! Yes, she was there, around him, behind him, beside him: he felt her presence without even seeing her anymore, he heard her breath close,close,close to him!

From my cat eyes I say his terror! He tried to pull himself away. She gently put her hand on his shoulder, then her grey kimono disappeared beneath the green curtains. I sneezed then fell asleep waiting for another day in my dark corner.



Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu